Wednesday, November 08, 2006

T-ball


A celebration cake for the end-of-season party for a local T-Ball team named The Astros. Chocolate cake, buttercream icing, fondant bats, balls and bases. Paper and drinking straw flags. I'll paint the red stitches on the balls tomorrow morning. And add the "T" at home plate. Baseball cakes are fun!

And did I mention that our dishwasher has had a fried motherboard for the past two weeks? Who ever came up with the bright idea to even PUT motherboards into dishwashers, anyway? My hands are scalded red from the superhot water I've used to wash and rinse the dishes BY HAND for over 14 days in a row now. Thankfully, the backordered part has finally arrived, and the dude will be here tomorrow to free me from dishwater-hands hell. Or so he says.

Too bad you're not here to enjoy the aroma of spice cake layers baking up in the oven. The wedding cake for Saturday is a vanilla spice with ivory buttercream icing. Yum!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!!! The cake was a hit!!(ha ha) Everyone thought it was so beautiful. It was the best chocolate cake I have ever had. You are so talented!!!!!!

Kevin said...

Thank YOU! I'm glad it was a hit ;-) Looking forward to the baby shower cake!