Thursday, November 02, 2006

It's official. I'm a Nerd.

Remember those fabulous fall cookies below that I spent multiple hours on, in order to donate to youngest daughter's employer-school's Bake Sale? Well. I was SURE the bake sale was scheduled for Halloween. So I had them done and ready for daughter to take them to work on October 30.

I was a week early.

Bake Sale is scheduled for November 7. It is spelled out, clear as day, on the school's flyer. Why I didn't read the date right, I have no idea. Menopause, maybe?

The ladies in the office were gracious enough to take them anyway, and set them out to sell as a "Bake Sale Preview Special."

Daughter told the story to one of her college friends, who said, "Your mom is such a nerd!"

Little did he know -- he was exactly right. I AM a nerd. Always have been, always will be. And oddly proud of it. I just didn't realize that my nerdness had flowed over into my cake/cookie creations yet. Happy to know it has ;-)

No comments: