Saturday, November 11, 2006

Fall Wedding - Finis!

Ta da! Here it is in all its glory - Chris & Lewis's wedding cake! It was a big hit, looked absolutely gorgeous in the reception hall, and many people commented on how incredibly light and delicious it was. I loved how the miniature fruits turned out, and I'm glad I tinted the icing ivory. It looked like it was made specifically for that reception hall, with their wall color and trim color and all the chair covers and table coverings. Erin will probably have some better pictures of it later in the week -- I may post another one.

I've been up since 4:30 stressing on making this one perfect -- I think I'll go take a nap now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O-M-G!!! That cake is amazing! Oh if you only KNEW how many people would LOVE to have your talent. You're the best..all over..oficially!

Unknown said...

wow! its beautiful. you mentioned that the fruit is 'gilded'. what does that mean? those fruits are artificial?

it looks amazing. i just had lunch, but i am hungry all over again. and i love fruits in everything.

Kevin said...

No, the fruits are real. The miniature pineapples are from South Africa. The burgundy oval fruits are Tamarillos from South America. And there are miniature pears and teeny little crab apples on there, too. I cut the pineapples in half so they would fit on the sides of the cake -- and oh, my did they smell divine!

'Gilded' means I brushed them with a little gold luster-dust, which is an edible gold powder that's used in cake and cookie decoration.