Friday, September 07, 2007

College Basketball


Oh my. I've spent all day on this. It's a gift for youngest daughter's friend, who's on their college BBall team. This is supposed to be representative of Hofheinz Pavilion where they play. I probably should have made the actual building LOOK like the actual building ... but I thought I was being clever enough with the elevated stands, the stadium look, and the "people" represented by M&M's. Yes, I applied every single one of those M&M's with a tiny bit of royal icing this afternoon. While watching endless episodes of "Design on a Dime."

Those giant red letters on the front of the cake spell out "GO COOGS!" (Their mascot is a Cougar.)

If you look closely at the top of the picture, you'll see the top basketball on a pile of several fondant basketballs that are stacked up on the backside of the cake.

The team birthday party is tonight. Let's hope the guys appreciate the idea of "Cake! Frosting! M&M's! Eat!" more than a perfect rendering of Hofheinz Pavilion.

Happy Birthday, Al.

No comments: