Monday, June 04, 2007

We're moved!


We're settled in our new home and we finally have phone, internet AND cable, after nearly a week without (AT&T U-verse was a nightmare for a while, but they seem to have everything fixed now). Yaaay!

And somehow I've done 5 cakes in the midst of it all. This one was a last-minute quickie for our eldest daughter. I already had two cakes due for Sunday which I was working on, then she called mid-morning Saturday to inform me that she and her husband had run into her husband's cousin the night before, and Saturday was his birthday, so she told him she'd have a birthday party for him AND bake him a cake! By 5 pm Saturday!

You KNOW she had no intention of baking that cake herself.

So this is what I came up with -- a small simple chocolate cake with buttercream icing and a melted-chocolate top border, with 3 luscious strawberries dipped in the same chocolate to top it all off.

Scroll down to see the rest of my adventures in cake-decorating since Memorial Day weekend.

No comments: