Sunday, October 05, 2008

Henry

This little boy loves chess (and yes, he's only six years old). He also loves chocolate cake and chocolate icing. So he got it all for his birthday this year (the chocolate is under the white fondant). And that Number Six cookie on top was all for him. I hear he was quite the excited birthday boy when he laid eyes on that cake.

The chess pieces are plastic, but the chess board is fondant. Yes, I DID cut out 32 1" square white tiles, and 32 1" square black tiles. For any of you who know me, precision is not my forte, but I think this turned out rather well. Except for the fact that the bottom left hand tile should have been black, thus I messed up the entire board. Dang it. But I never did learn how to play chess ... hopefully Henry will forgive me.

No comments: