Saturday, January 12, 2008

Bridal Lingerie Shower

Is that cute or what? The hostess told me that the invitations had a pink slip on them ... so this is what I came up with. I brightened it up a bit with that spring green buttercream covering the cake ... and everything else is from fondant.

I'm already thinking spring because (1) I'm finally a bit weary of the holiday reds, greens, golds and silvers, and (2) our peach tree suddenly has its first 2 dozen or so blossoms on it! WooHoo! It's always so exciting to see such beautiful bright pink life burst forth from what look like totally dead gray-black branches.

Oh and -- that's a lemon poppyseed cake.

1 comment:

MoMo 2.0 said...

#1 i love lemon poppyseed and #2 this is adorable...so feminine!!!
Hope you 2 are doing great!

Godt Nytår!!