Sunday, June 25, 2006

How a cake is made


Thought y'all might want to see what a cake goes through before I'm finished with it. In this case, I'm practicing for eldest daughter's wedding cake next year -- her latest desire is for a "Topsy-Turvy" cake, so I thought I'd better start practicing.

This is a tiny version of the eventual masterpiece, which started out with 2 9x13 cakes that I carved into appropriate-sized circles. Now I have a huge bowl full of cake scraps left over, along with a bunch of icing, so I'll eventually make some festive "cake balls" to foist off on any unsuspecting visitors that might stop by. Later, though. I baked these cakes Friday night and froze them. Thawed them out Saturday morning, then started the process at 2:30 Saturday afternoon. An hour later, I was at this stage: (see below)

No comments: